| Job Description: ||
Minimum bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering
Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in water/wastewater engineering design and project management.
Must have a NC Professional Engineering (PE) license or be able to obtain a NC PE license through reciprocity within six months of hire.
Must complete URS Project Manager Certification (approximately 80 hours of computer-based training) within six months of hire.
Occasional overnight travel of one to two days is required.
Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to safely drive extended distances.
Requires entrance into the URS Medical Monitoring Program which includes initial and annual physicals as well as client required drug screens.
Must be able to strictly adhere to Health and Safety protocols both in the office and in the field.
Requires excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The successful candidate will conduct engineering project management from conceptual design through construction completion.
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Engineering project management from conceptual design through construction completion.
• Maintaining existing client relationships by ensuring client needs are being met and contracts are being adhered to, attending client meetings, resolving problems, and preparing client reports.
• Performing Project Management activities including developing project budgets and schedules, assigning staff to projects, negotiating sub-consultant contracts, reviewing project progress, and preparing project closeouts.
• Conducting Business Development activities, such as business development plan preparation, writing and/or overseeing the development of proposals in response to RFQs and RFPs, reviewing contracts, and obtaining and following up on new contacts.
• Managing project financials including ensuring adherence to project budgets, reviewing accounts payable and accounts receivable, and managing operating costs.
Performing engineering duties including overseeing the engineering, surveying and drafting aspects of multiple projects; signing/sealing design documents as Engineer of Record; and performing design calculations and writing specifications.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.