| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or economics or demonstrated equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a professional services environment
• Ability to prepare and present contract and financial information to both technical and financial audiences
• Familiarity with automated financial reporting/accounting in a project based environment
• Solid understanding of project accounting and finance, including earned value management and forecasting.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office
• Ability to apply financial theory to business issues.
• Excellent oral and written communications, analytical and time-management skills.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
• Performs specialized financial, accounting or planning activities following general project or department guidelines, procedures and precedents in support of various financial functions
• Monitor office and business line performance metrics for resource utilization, resource leveling, multiplier analysis, financial impacts from rate changes, backlog analysis, overhead costs, and business development costs
• Prepares detailed project financial analyses, including earned value management, estimates at completion, multiplier analysis and root cause evaluation as part of on-going project review program. • Lead monthly mid-month accounting reviews for the office.
• Partners with Regional Accounting group and others to provide financial analysis to support the organization's financial performance.
• Monitor cash metrics, including A/P, A/R and DSO
• Contributes to the development of financial and operational metrics and modeling including business line forecasts and variance reports.
• Enforces policies and programs consistent with company policies, philosophies and objectives
• Identifies opportunities to optimize existing processes, develops process improvements
• Operates independently and under limited supervision