| Job Description: ||
BS or Masters in Computer Sciences. PMP certification preferred. Significant experience with complex technical solutions proposal writing is required. Must demonstrate B&P knowledge involving large Defense sector technology initiatives.
Requires 16+ years experience developing and leading large-scale technology engagements with at least 4+ years in a DoD environment.
Requires a deep understanding of Federal Enterprise Architecture framework and SOA; strong knowledge of Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and security architecture framework; experience in developing and infusing new service offerings through the organization and developing innovative solutions for new bids and proposals.
Expert-level design and modeling experience with Oracle, SQL Server and/or DB2 as well as Web 2.0 technologies, including AJAX, social networking, and emerging digital interfaces.
Knowledge of Situational Awareness tools, methods, and analysis; Mobile platform development & security; and Up-to-date understanding of market trends and applying emerging technologies.
Must have deep understanding of best practices across multiple technologies (client/server-side, QA, deployment, project management etc.)
Key Qualifications and Experience:
• Proven track record in managing technical team developing next generation, innovative, highly cost effective, highly secure, winning solutions, including providing leadership on proposal writing.
• Knowledge of key Government/DoD technology initiatives, mandates, and emerging Government and industry standards.
• Work collaboratively with diverse teams, including business development, capture managers and program executives.
• Must be adaptable, able to engage on a wide range of business solutions, including large, complex and leading-edge projects.
• Provide expertise to identify and translate complex system requirements into proven solutions.
• Demonstrated industry presence (speak at trade conferences, seek authorship opportunities in trade publications, serve on related industry panels, etc.)
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
Combining deep experience in federal government with expertise driving the latest innovative technology advancements, the URS ISG (Information Solutions Group) delivers mission critical IT and communication solutions; defining, optimizing, and implementing IT solutions that help our clients achieve their mission. Areas of expertise include: Secure Cloud Computing, Integrated Cyber Solutions, Software and System Engineering, Enterprise Management and Network Engineering.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Lead Solutions Architect to direct a team of highly skilled technical professionals within the URS Advanced Technology Group (ATG). The individual will be responsible for developing cross-domain, cross-functional and cross-industry, next generation solutions, ranging from CyberSecurity, to Cloud Computing, to developing complex enterprise architecture. The candidate will have extensive experience with information technology B&P writing and have demonstrated industry knowledge of Federal/DoD emerging technologies; be comfortable with complex heterogeneous systems environments; possess strong communication skills and be experienced interacting with executive staff, business development resources, and technical professionals, in a clear and concise manner.
• Lead Technical Team in development of advanced solutions high for value proposals, responses to RFPs and RFIs.
• Lead Technology professionals in development of complex solutions and new service offerings.
• Evaluate technological options and their effectiveness in meeting the customers' needs.
• Gather opportunity requirements, and subsequently developing solutions that establish URS credibility through innovative Solutions Briefings and other documents and presentations.
• Work with URS ISG process improvement group to provide baseline for proposal and presentation generation.
• Contribute to development of best practices and URS Intellectual Property.
• Provide leadership to mentor and guide technical resources throughout ATG.