| Job Description: ||
CH2M HILL Environmental Siting & Licensing Senior Project Manager/Client Service Management (PM/CSM) - Cincinnati, OH, Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Chantilly, VA; Silver Springs, MD; Syracuse, NY ; Parsippany, NJ|
The challenge? Provide environmental permitting/Client Service Management expertise for our rapidly growing siting, licensing and permitting practice for energy and power projects in the Northeastern United States. Our Environmental Siting and Licensing PM/CSM careers provide you with the opportunity to work on siting and licensing projects particularly focused on power, energy facilities (both traditional and renewable), and electric transmission lines. Each day, as a Project Manager, you will be the face of CH2M HILL with the responsibility for developing project work and leading project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of energy and utility projects. You should be a self-motivated professional with 15+ years of successful experience, have a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or Planning and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each environmental siting and licensing project manager job.
Our Environmental Siting and Licensing Project Managers / Client Service Managers:
- Develop power and energy clients in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic focusing on existing clients and new opportunities.
- Are self-motivated to make contacts with prospective clients and helping them develop growth strategies.
- Work directly with clients to understand and meet their expectations, and leverage work to develop further or follow-on business opportunities for the firm.
- Participate in client development discussions, and writing proposals for submission to clients.
- Lead project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of complex siting and licensing projects focused on power, energy facilities (both traditional and renewable), and gas pipelines and electric transmission lines.
- Demonstrate experience in the energy siting and licensing process in the Northeastern United States and prior experience in managing related projects.
- Desire experience in New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Demonstrate experience and a working knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) or state equivalent (e.g., New York SEQR)requirements and deliverables.
- Demonstrate experience with the issues associated with permitting of new, or fuel conversion of existing, electric power generation and transmission facilities in the PJM Interconnection service area
- Interpret environmental regulations affecting the energy infrastructure and translate applicable requirements into strategic, cost-effective compliance approaches.
- Network within industry organizations, technical seminars, and trade shows, including the delivery of technical presentations.
- Lead various aspects of business development process including preparing proposals, strategic marketing initiatives, acting as the client service manager, and ability to quickly integrate with senior management team in developing marketing strategies
- This position has the flexibility to be attached to one of the following CH2M HILL offices: Cincinnati, OH, Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Philadelphia, PA; Chantilly, VA; Silver Springs, MD; Syracuse, NY ; Parsippany, NJ.
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed.
- Proven client development skills, including previous experience managing energy projects
- Extensive experience with the state and local permitting processes in New York (SEQR), Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, or West Virginia; and federal permitting (NEPA)
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Planning, Science, or Engineering
- 15 years of experience in the energy related siting and licensing field in the United States, preferably in the Northeastern US, including prior experience in managing related tasks or projects
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and technical background and ability for siting and licensing projects
- Understanding of, and experience with National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and state ( New York [SEQR], Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, or West Virginia) and local permitting
- Client development skills and strong written/verbal communications are essential for this position
- Ability to integrate commercial, technical and execution aspects of project delivery into a full package for client satisfaction and CH2M HILL success
- Master's degree in Environmental Planning, Science, or Engineering
- 15+ years experience in the energy related siting and licensing field preferably in the Eastern US and including prior experience in managing related tasks or projects
- Proven team leadership and management skills; along with the ability to serve as the primary client contact on assigned projects
- Experience managing the overall delivery of projects including; project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management
- Experience with Federal permitting programs such as the Clean Water Act, the Clean Air Act, the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) 404 wetland permitting, the US Fish & Wildlife Service or the US National Marine Fisheries Sections 7 and 10 consultations, the US Forest Service Resource Management and Productivity (RMP) plans, etc.
Degree Required Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Certifications Required n/a
Preferred Years of Experience 15
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects
CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.