| Job Description: ||
• Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of experience.
• Experience with I&C design on the North Slope of Alaska required
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
• Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design is strongly recommended
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an I&C Designer IV to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
• Under minimal supervision, may develop complex engineering drawings.
• Applies a solid level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Understands codes, permits, and software applications related to the discipline.
• Fully understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
• Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents and reviews discipline supplier documents for accuracy. Can also review other discipline’s supplier documents.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management, and can review/advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Collects data on manpower, man-hour, and labor costs requirements for design staff to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Intermediate knowledge of cost estimating methods and performs material take-offs for the discipline.
• Intermediate knowledge of discipline’s materials costs and concept of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Basic knowledge of the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Fully understands the discipline’s equipment and material lists.
• May provide technical guidance to less experienced design staff.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE