| Job Description: ||
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related fields. Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Requires 7 years of experience with HEPA and NEPA compliance and permitting - Master's Degree in related discipline may substitute for 2 years of experience and PhD in related discipline can substitute for 3 years of experience.
Must have knowledge of wetland and wildlife studies, EA/ EIR/EIS document preparation, Environmental Permitting for projects for DoD, State, Federal and local Hawaiian Environmental Statutes and regulatory review. Project experience with endangered and invasive Species, water resources, land rehabilitation, coastal zoning, NHPA compliance, and mitigation monitoring and tracking.
Candidate should have excellent verbal, writing and personnel management skills. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must have ability to work on a wide variety of projects requiring various technical skills and manage a team of technical specialists. Strong computer skills required (MS Office).
• Requires ability to travel and perform duties outdoors in a wide range of weather conditions.
• Requires a valid driver's license with a clean driving record and the ability to safely drive long distances.
• Ability to assist and develop strategic marketing plans. Strong supervisory skills and the ability to mentor project leads and staff.
• Strong proposal preparation and technical report presentation skills including interaction ability with clients and staff.
• Articulate with a professional demeanor. Solid project tracking and team management skills.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Environmental & Planning Services Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Sciences Team Leader for immediate employment in the Honolulu, Hawaii office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Environmental Sciences specific to the management of federal, state, local and private environmental projects in the various disciplines of natural resource management. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including wetlands and wildlife studies, EA/EIR/EIS studies, stormwater mitigation and erosion control, land rehabilitation, water resources, GPS and GIS projects, Environmental Permitting, Environmental and Energy Audits and a range of HEPA, NHPA and NEPA related tasks for compliance, monitoring and reporting.
A combination of the following responsibilities under the direction of the Environmental and Planning Services Division Manager:
• The candidate will develop and manage staff in the Environmental Sciences Team with responsibility to manage federal, state, local and private projects.
• The position requires successful completion of the URS Project Management Certification Program within six months of hire. There is no financial cost to the employee.
• The candidate will have the ability to merge technical skills with administrative abilities. The candidate will have strong business development and client relationship skills and lead diversification of services within the Environmental Sciences Team.
• The candidate will have specialized knowledge in one or more of the environmental sciences fields and generalized knowledge in the majority of environmental sciences fields.
• Ability to work independently and perform data evaluation, interpretation, draw conclusions, and propose recommendations.
• Ability to clearly present recommendations to the project team to support decision making process.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.