| Job Description: ||
The Denver Transportation Department is seeking an accomplished engineer to manage a dynamic multidisciplinary practice of transportation professionals.
Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering, or related field.
12 years minimum engineering and/or consulting experience in the Transportation Civil Engineering industry.
Colorado PE License.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Successful business development skills and the ability to develop and execute a business development strategy to generate between $20-$25M in revenue.
• Multi-discipline team building experience with groups of 20 - 30 professionals or more.
• Skills to mentor and develop technical staff, leaders, and business developers in the Department.
• Successful management experience with proven track record of meeting financial metrics and profit margins
• Experience with a diverse client base including federal, state, municipal and private sectors with an emphasis on Transportation planning, design and construction/program management.
• Demonstrated success in the consulting business, contract negotiations, and large project/program development.
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills, and staff development expertise.
• Managing and directing the day-to-day operations of a 100-plus person Transportation Department with multiple locations within Colorado.
• Coordinating with senior management, business development staff and key practitioners in the formulation of business strategies related to staff development and recruiting for future growth areas.
• Leading the development of strategies and plans relative to department growth, career development, and mentoring of staff.
• Providing direction to Team Leaders regarding corporate and office-wide initiatives, goals and objectives.
• Engaging directly in mentoring and developing professionals and support staff.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.