| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree in a related field such as Construction Management, Engineering, Business, etc. or related commensurate experience
• Minimum 12 years of construction management related experience, which includes varied and progressive levels of technical knowledge, management responsibility, accountability and leadership
• Experience managing a work unit being responsible for sales, financial metrics, operational coordination, quality, safety, and staff development
• Demonstrate and exhibit a strong professional presence
• Strong client management skills
• Experience managing professional, technical, support and field staff
• Experience managing a work unit with profit and loss responsibility
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and project management software such as Prologue, Expedition, Primavera Project Manager, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and excellent presentation abilities
• Valid driver's license
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The IE Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Construction Services Business Line Leader for immediate employment in the Cleveland / Akron office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Construction Management.
The Construction Service Business Line Leader will be responsible for the overall performance of the Construction Services Business Line. This individual will manage and lead the operation through all phases of the business development, procurement, contract negotiation, staffing coordination, execution of services and client satisfaction. This individual will promote and grow the business line, expanding market sector exposure, market share and insuring delivery of quality services. As the leader of the Construction Service Business Line the successful candidate will mentor and assist with the development of junior staff, providing constructive input and professional guidance.
The Construction Services Business Line Leader is actively involved as a senior leader in the Akron and Cleveland Offices. This individual will coordinate service and operations with other business line leaders, department manager and section leaders. As part of the Leadership team this person will provide input regarding regional strategies affecting the performance of both the Akron and Cleveland Offices.
The Construction Services Business Line Leader will be responsible for:
• The overall performance of the Construction Service Program Area
• Sales and profitability goals for the Construction Services Business Line
• Compliance with financial goals and performance metrics
• Market sector expansion and business development
• Client satisfaction and high levels of service quality
• Operational staffing and coordination
• Staff hiring, mentoring and development
• Promotion of safety in the workplace
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.