| Job Description: ||
CH2M HILL Global Mining Water Technology Leader – Denver, Colorado, Salt Lake City, Utah, or Houston, Texas|
The challenge? Help develop and provide high quality, leading edge sustainable engineering solutions to our clients in the mining industry for water/wastewater treatment and management. The Global Technology Leader role will provide you the opportunity to utilize your expertise in treatment of water for mining and mineral processing, and of wastewater resulting from these activities, including waste minimization/recycle reuse to help grow the mining segment of our industrial water and wastewater business throughout North America and internationally as you provide our clients with both technical and business solutions. Each day, you will be an important team member of CH2M HILL's industrial water/wastewater delivery team as you provide strong water and wastewater consulting and design capabilities specializing in the mining industry. You should be a self-motivated professional engineer with 10 years of successful project experience in the mining sector, hold a Masters Degree in Chemical, Environmental or Mining Engineering and have a desire to grow professionally as well as personally with each new mining water/wastewater engineering project.
The Global Mining Water Technology Leader will:
- Assist the Sector Lead in the growth of a robust, profitable, and risk-smart business encompassing consulting, engineering, EPC and Operations & Maintenance with mining clients, with a strong focus on Industrial Water & Process business, while incorporating every opportunity to work across our business groups.
- Function as senior technical consultant in all matters relating to the treatment of water for mining and mineral processing, and of wastewater resulting from these activities, including waste minimization/recycle reuse. (This requires a thorough knowledge of water and wastewater treatment technologies, as well as a working knowledge of mine site water management, and knowing how expenditure on water and wastewater treatment may be minimized through mitigation, even including non-treatment, through improved water management methods.)
- Serve as a technical resource across the full life-cycle of project work (problem definition, solution development, proof of concept testing (if necessary), engineering, commissioning, and on-going operations), leveraging the appropriate CH2M HILL entity.
- Develop, and keep current, both a deep and broad knowledge of treatment approaches, experimental and established, for the treatment of water and wastewater in Mining. Sources will include Competitors (Engineering Companies, Technology Providers); Academia; and Mining Companies.
- Remain involved in any consulting, piloting and full scale plants supplied by CH2M HILL in the mining sector.
- Demonstrate commitment to the profession by active participation in professional societies, including authoring of professional papers and making presentations at technical conferences.
- Collaborate with Business Developers, provide technical support to the sales development process (attend customer meetings, conduct “brown bag" client training, support discovery process, etc). Co-develop solutions sales strategy for proposals.
- Work with all CH2M HILL business groups to get to know their offerings, their strengths and limitations, etc., and to develop an integrated offering to the mining sector.
- Implement Standardization and Continuous Improvement Program(s).
- Grow and diversify CH2M HILL's local and global client work into new areas, both in terms of market segment and geography.
- This position has the flexibility to be located in one of our following office locations: Denver CO, Salt Lake City UT, or Houston TX.
- This is an engineering-based position (not Hydrological/Geological/Geochemical).
- CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- BS degree in Chemical, Mining, or Environmental Engineering. Other engineering disciplines, such as Chemistry or other Sciences will only be considered if accompanied by relevant, in depth mining experience
- 10 years working on water or wastewater projects in the Mining Sector
- Demonstrable experience in consultancy and design of treatment solutions in the range $1MM - $20MM Total Installed Cost. Such experience may be either in technical sales or project delivery/execution, provided it was principally technical
- Strong Process Chemistry background
- Familiarity with a broad range of water and wastewater treatment processes, gained through former employment with an equipment or solutions provider, an EPC or consultant, or Mining Company
- Specialization in two or more of the following: physical-chemical treatment esp. softening, metals removal; b) membrane applications; c) process water treatment (RO and IX); d) evaporation/crystallization
- Practical, hands-on experience, whether startup/commissioning, troubleshooting or piloting
- Exceptional communication skills (written/spoken)
Preferred Qualifications In addition to the basic qualifications, we also desire the following:
- MS degree in Chemical, Mining, or Environmental Engineering
- Subject matter expertise in treatment (physical/chemical and biological) of Mining, Mineral Processing and Metals water and wastewater
- Expertise in industrial wastewater regulations and compliance strategies
- Strong working relationship with multi-national clients
- Experience in execution of conceptual through detailed design and construction support for industrial water projects
- Knowledge of Spanish language
- P.E. preferred
Degree Required Bachelors or 4 Year Degree
Preferred Years of Experience 20
What you will find At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.