| Job Description: ||
• Graduate of 4 year ABET accredited Civil Engineering program with emphasis on structural engineering
• Passed FE “Fundamentals of Engineering” exam with current EI “Engineering Intern” or EIT “Engineer in Training” designation
• 2 years’ experience with a structural engineering consultant company
• Experience and knowledge of structural design with different materials (steel, concrete, masonry, and wood at a minimum)
• Experience and knowledge of structural design software such as Mathcad, excel, Staad.Pro, and Enercalc
• Experience and knowledge of structural cad software such as AutoCAD and Revit
• Ability to switch between work on multiple/different projects daily
Do the best work of your life!
The Infrastructure and Environment Division - Facilities Services Department of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Structural Engineer for immediate employment in the Colorado Springs office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in structural engineering, specific to vertical building design and construction. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including:
New building analysis and design for federal, private sector, and internal URS clients
Water and waste-water pump stations, treatment plants, and drainage structures
Structural analysis and evaluation of existing structures
Structural remodel projects for national retail accounts
• Prepare structural calculations, construction documents, and technical reports
• Review shop drawing submittals and respond to RFI’s
• Support project engineers with specific design tasks
• Provide supplemental drafting assistance when required due to overlapping project deadlines
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.