| Job Description: ||
• Independent programming, including responsibility for software development projects and/or demonstrated programming team leadership is preferred
• Core Java Programming Knowledge (qualified by topics covered in the Sun Java Programmer Certificate) Java/J2EE
• Object Oriented Design Concepts
• Key Design Patterns (as outlined in: Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software by Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, and John Vlissides)
• Dependency Injection with Spring Framework
• Spring MVC or Struts
• Java Coding Standards (as outlined in: The Elements of Java Style by Allan Vermeulen, Scott W. Ambler, Greg Bumgardner, Eldon Metz, Trevor Misfeldt, Jim Shur, and Patrick Thompson)
• XML and XSD
• Ability to grasp the following technologies quickly: WebSphere MQ Series, Oracle WebLogic, Oracle ExaLogic, Java Messaging Service (JMS), Hibernate, JSR 168 Portlets
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired
• Sun Certified Java Programmer Certificate (SCJP) is highly recommended
• Must be a U.S. Citizen as required by the Government contracts
• Must meet security clearance requirements for Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
For the three (3) years prior to the filing of an application for employment, individuals must meet the one or more of the following primary residence criteria:
(a) the applicant resided in the United States (short trips abroad, such as vacations, will not necessarily disqualify an applicant); or
(b) the applicant worked for the U.S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or
(c) the applicant was a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas.
CURRENT CBP FULL BI STRONGLY PREFERRED.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS has an opportunity for a Java Developer to join our team! This position will be located in either Springfield, Virginia or McLean, Virginia. Position is contingent upon contract award.
The Java Developer works on complex application problems involving all phases of software development and maintenance lifecycle. Developer analyzes requirements and develops detailed design specifications, develops block diagrams and logic flowcharts, and translates detailed designs to computer programs. Developer codes, tests, debugs, and refines new software or makes enhancements to existing programs to produce the required product. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design and develop software codes within established specifications using object oriented applications, languages and third party tools
• Design, revise and maintain flowcharts setting out code functions and classes as assigned
• Test software for bugs and clean the code. Write testing scripts to operate and test all elements of programs. Review results and make necessary changes. Attempt to replicate problems, determine causes and fix codes to eliminate recurrence of problems
• Ensure that all development efforts are integrated so that code is readily readable and maintainable by other team members
• Research new methods, libraries, and tool versions. Maintain current awareness