| Job Description: ||
Education: High School diploma or demonstrated equivalent experience.
• Experience will include 5+ years in area of specialization within industrial maintenance or specialization of 3+ years experience with a journey level license.
• The Ammonia Refrigeration Technician must also have own tools and experience utilizing hand and power tools to perform preventative maintenance.
• Must have ability to read and follow system drawings, manuals, and P&ID drawings and ability to understand/comply with Process Safety Management guidelines.
• Additionally, must be self motivated with excellent time management skills, ability to work with little or no direction at times, high attention to detail, outstanding verbal and written skills, and a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• 2 year technical degree
• 2 years experience as a maintenance technician in the food industry
• Strong refrigeration background, ammonia refrigeration experience a plus.
• 4 year trade school
• Regular work shift will be second shift, but must be flexible to work any shift, plus weekends and holidays, when necessary due to 24/7 operations.
• Coping with demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
• Must complete IRC Ammonia Operator Training: Introductory and Intermediate levels as well as training on site specific Operating Procedures.
• Have the ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
• Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during a shift.
• Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during a shift.
• Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for a shift.
• Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for a shift.
• Have the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for a shift.
• Have the ability to perform job tasks while wearing a full-face respirator.
• Have the ability to walk extensively through out the plant for a shift.
• Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
Note: No relocation available for this position.
URS has an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (second shift) position open at our Allentown, Pennsylvania facility!
The primary function of this position is to provide preventative maintenance, repairs, installations and modifications on the facility’s ammonia refrigeration and boiler system and any associated equipment. Assure compliance to all Safety regulations, codes and industry standards. Under general supervision perform tasks that reflect a substantial variety of complexity and specialized technical duties when assigned. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Interact as a team member with your fellow employees and all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress
• Monitor and operate high pressure steam boiler and ammonia refrigeration system
• Maintains and repairs vacuum/gear/ rotor and water pumps
• Operates and maintains industrial air compressor which can include disassembly of equipment in order to maintain and repair.
• Walks plant facility to monitor refrigeration, boiler, air and water systems, document findings, be able react and correct abnormal conditions
• Participates in the process safety management team
• Uses computer to work on multiple applications; including, SAP, Word, Excel, Outlook
• Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance, determines nature of problem, and recommends appropriate solution
• Other and general facility maintenance duties will be assigned.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE!