| Job Description: ||
Bachelor's Degree in Planning, Engineering, or Science, and 10 years of experience with NEPA compliance, along with 3 years of supervisory or project management experience.
Demonstrated success with preparing environmental documents under NEPA with a transit and rail background, public involvement and a working understanding of applicable regulations.
Extensive experience in project management and consulting on multiple projects when the projects went through the DEIS, FEIS and ROD clearance and in transit and ail environmental planning.
Specific knowledge of FTA and FRA environmental documentation processes, including experience as a third-party independent contractor.
Significant experience in public involvement and public outreach required. Experience with social media, public meetings and presentation techniques a must.
The Environmental and Infrastructure Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Sr. Transit Planner for immediate employment in the Austin, Texas office.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in transit and rail planning specific to the FTA and FRA. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to supporting projects such as major transportation (roadway and transit) environmental impacts studies, feasibility studies, and comprehensive transportation plans.
The selected candidate will work on projects involving the regulatory requirements of other laws/executive orders analyzed as part of the NEPA process. Work includes development and review of regulatory permit applications for commuter rail, light rail, and freight rail infrastructure and planning projects, and at times managing the proposed projects through the environmental approval process; preliminary identification of environmental NEPA requirements, and permits for completing environmental clearance. The successful candidate will direct the technical aspects of projects involving the preparation of EIS/EIRs, EA/FONSIs, and overall NEPA compliance documents for mitigation monitoring and implementation, as well as permitting.
Project and Technical Management
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the planning work.
• Develops project budgets, administers bidding process and verifies contract expenditures and compliance.
• Provides project organization and staffing to meet the objectives as defined by the client, including the selection of staff.
• Defines procedures for management of schedules to avoid risks and provides work around schedules, as required, to keep the project within the objectives as established by the client.
• Conducts peer reviews and makes technical presentations.
• May develop and evaluate project plans.
• Reviews and approves scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
• Tracks overall financial performance of task assignment. This will include coordinating with the Project Manager to monitor sold time and work backlog on task.
• Identifies potential clients and work.
• Secures and manages clients and contracts.
• Works with Marketing and Business Development to identify and track opportunities to expand and diversify services to clients. Sets up meetings and/or participate in the development of proposals, as requested.