| Job Description: ||
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical discipline or equivalent.
• 7 years of experience
• Experience in one or more of the following: Mainframe, SOA, Client/Server, GUI, communication protocols, security and/or web-based technology
• Record, read, and customize basic scripts for use in load testing
• Experience with HP Quality Center test tools such as: LoadRunner, WinRunner, QuickTest Pro, and others
• Understanding of network protocols and communication with the ability to review and understand protocol analyzer trace files
• Utilize defect tracking software and related tools
• Experience with database designs and interfaces between systems, including Oracle, SQL, and related technologies
• Extensive performance test and test automation support of structured software development effort to include functional, regression, and integration testing
• Demonstrated ability to apply test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases
• Solid knowledge of Operating Systems and networking infrastructure
• Working knowledge of recognized quality standards on Information Technology projects
• Demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical, and conceptual skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks to meet scheduled dates
• Must be able to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, be a fast learner, and a self-starter
• Excellent organizational, technical writing, and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work comfortably in a high-energy, multi-vendor environment
• Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment
Possession of the following skill sets and knowledge preferred:
• Perform and/or support manual and automation testing as necessary
• Working with analysts to trace test cases to requirements
• Object oriented programming concepts
• Prior DHS or other Government experience
• Knowledge of SELC, ITIL, CMMI ML3 or related standards
• Experience supporting biographic and biometric applications a plus
• US Citizenship required
• Must meet security clearance requirements for Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
For the three (3) years prior to the filing of an application for employment, individuals must meet the one or more of the following primary residence criteria:
(a) the applicant resided in the United States (short trips abroad, such as vacations, will not necessarily disqualify an applicant); or
(b) the applicant worked for the U.S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or
(c) the applicant was a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas.
CURRENT CBP FULL BI STRONGLY PREFERRED.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS has an opportunity for a Systems Test Engineer to join our team! This position will be located in either Springfield, Virginia or McLean, Virginia. Position is contingent upon contract award.
The Systems Test Engineer develops test strategies and tests documentation and follows a comprehensive test schedule.
The Systems Test Engineer may serve as a subject matter expert (SME) in conducting performance test and analysis against a comprehensive, multiple platform system and developing and customizing a test automation framework that is expandable, maintainable and meets load requirements.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Follow the software development lifecycle/systems engineering lifecycle, standards and guidelines identified for this project
• Review all project documentation to provide written feedback on constructing the automated test software and test cases
• With additional support, instruction, and assistance, analyze and understand the project's environment, system architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and test cases relative to applications being tested
• Identify the hardware, software, and tools necessary to support the performance test and test automation effort
• Participate in identifying and monitoring risks related to creating, modifying, and maintaining test cases, performance challenges, and automated/load test framework and software
• Design, develop, and execute reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to performance, as well as automated test planning and creation
• Identify, create, and secure test data as necessary
• Setup and perform demonstrations of automated/load test software
• Record, read, customize, and execute basic virtual user scripts for use in load testing
• Conduct both frontend and backend performance tests. Experience in backend testing includes the ability to manipulate and execute commands to achieve desired results in one of the following areas: JCL, DOS, COBOL, XML, UNIX, or SQL commands
• Analyze test results, provide recommendations, assist in researching, and provide solutions to issues that may arise
• Use existing resources/knowledge to add, modify, or enhance previously recorded automated scripts
• Perform manual testing as an end-user when necessary
• Create required test documentation including test plans, test reports, and white papers where necessary
• Map requirements to test cases; verify, and validate test cases
• Create, monitor, and verify Test Problem Reports
• Ensure that test conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results
• Peer review team deliverables and support product application testing as necessary
• Ensure project managers are fully informed of test status and deviations from documented requirements
• Prepare milestone status reports, updates, and presentations to management, clients, and end-user representatives
• Share best practices and tools that are developed and/or discovered with fellow developers and team
• Participate in gate reviews and client meetings, as needed