| Job Description: ||
• B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical discipline or equivalent and 5 years of experience
• 5 years of experience
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following operating systems; Windows Server 2003 and 2008, UNIX, Linux, and DOS
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following hardware platforms; Intel, mainframe, and Fujitsu
• Experience with storage arrays including SAN and NAS solutions
• Experience with virtualization technology including VMware or Microsoft Virtual Server
• Comprehensive understanding of full life cycle software engineering processes, tools, utilities, and methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to integrate information from multiple sources
• Ability to work comfortably in a high-energy, multi-vendor environment
• Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment
Possession of the following skill sets and knowledge preferred:
• CBP-specialized equipment, such as kiosks, jump kits, videophones
• Professional certification is a plus.
• Prior DHS or other Government experience
• Knowledge of SELC, ITIL, CMMI ML3 or related standards
• Experience supporting biographic and biometric applications a plus
• US Citizenship required
• Must meet security clearance requirements for Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
For the three (3) years prior to the filing of an application for employment, individuals must meet the one or more of the following primary residence criteria:
(a) the applicant resided in the United States (short trips abroad, such as vacations, will not necessarily disqualify an applicant); or
(b) the applicant worked for the U.S. Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or military capacity; or
(c) the applicant was a dependent of a U.S. Federal or military employee serving overseas.
CURRENT CBP FULL BI STRONGLY PREFERRED.
URS Corporation - a FORTUNE 500 Company - is a fully integrated engineering and technical services organization with the capabilities to support every stage of the project life cycle. URS provides these services for the U.S. federal government, national governments of other countries, state and local government agencies in the United States, FORTUNE 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We have approximately 50,000 employees in a network of offices in more than 30 countries. The Company’s business is focused on four key market sectors: Federal, Infrastructure, Power, and Industrial & Commercial.
URS has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our team! This position will be located in either Springfield, Virginia or McLean, Virginia. Position is contingent upon contract award.
The Systems Engineer interfaces with project managers, project leads, and system users
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Integrate and plan implementation on a variety of operating system platforms including Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, and Linux
• Coordinate software development efforts and ensure they are adequately supported by the server infrastructure.
• Implement the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance, efficiency
• Assist in the integration efforts for lifecycle migration plans, as well as new systems with COTS, GOTS, and developmental equipment
• Responsible for overseeing a team of engineers as they design system architectures, develop and/or integrate information and communications systems to support client requirements and assure that present and future cross functional requirements are effectively integrated into solutions.