| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering discipline from a four-year accredited college or university.
• Responsible for performing plant support of operating nuclear power plants including but not limited to conducting site walkdowns for assessment of existing systems and equipment conditions, designing and implementing modifications, performing engineering studies and reports, cost estimates and schedules, and proposal development.
• Familiar with applicable industry standards and codes (i.e. ASME B&PV codes, IEEE, UBC, etc).
• Familiar with NRC Standard Review Plan, Regulatory Guides, and appropriate sections of the Code of Federal Regulations
• A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Electrical or I&C Engineering is required.
• Discipline specific design experience is required for application of new design and changes to existing plant equipment (plant modification experience).
• Experience with the development of design documentation (P&ID's, CWD's, Logic Diagrams, drawings, calculations etc.).
• Must be capable of obtaining unescorted access to a nuclear power plant.
• Due to the nature of the work, Candidates must be US Citizens or permanent residents from eligible countries according to eCFR 810.
• Experience scoping and developing commercial nuclear power plant design modifications is highly preferred, including but not limited to on site experience interfacing with utility organization in the development of design scopes.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
URS Corporation is seeking an Engineer III to work at Brunswick Nuclear Plant outside of Wilmington, North Carolina.
The position will support a multi-discipline team located at the nuclear plant site and will be responsible for performing engineering support services applicable to operating nuclear power plants. The initial assignment is expected to be 6-12 months in duration, with the potential for assignments to be extended to up to three years or longer. The selected candidates will receive per diem in accordance with URS' Domestic Temporary Assignment Allowance policy.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.