| Job Description: ||
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• BS degree in Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Petroleum, Chemical, or similar discipline).
• Minimum 10 years of design engineering, project engineering and/or operational experience in the Oil & Gas Pipeline industry, specifically as it pertains to engineering design. Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience. PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience. Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Experience must include engineering and design of capital and expense budget projects.
• Pipeline experience in hydraulic, fluid mechanics, or pipeline engineering design operation.
• Working knowledge in pipeline hydraulics, route selection, construction, HDD or Boring design, metering, compression or pump selection and design.
• Knowledge of codes and standards for liquid and/or gas pipelines including CFR 49, Part 192 & 195, ASME 31.4 & 31.8.
• Must have at least some working knowledge of liquid pipelines and terminals.
• Familiarity with structured work process.
• Proven interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and good communication skills, able to communicate with a diverse range of personality types.
• Must be able to develop strong relationships with clients and engineering teams, both internal and external.
• Ability to represent the company in a professional manner that ensures confidence, trust, and problem solving knowledge with existing and potential clients
• Self-directed and able to function independently based on experience and pipeline knowledge.
• Must be proficient is standard office computer applications and software, to include Microsoft Office Suite.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Engineering Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Pipeline Engineering Manager for immediate employment in the Houston office. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Coordinate with the New Orleans, Chicago and Denver offices to support the execution of projects.
• Lead and assist with proposal efforts for project opportunities.
• Perform as project manager or engineering manager on a variety of Oil & Gas pipeline and terminal projects
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.