| Job Description: ||
Our vernon Hills office has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our group.|
The Geotechnical Engineer is responsible for all technical and analytical aspects of geotechnical engineering projects;
- Lead the analysis of geotechnical and structural engineering problems on design and construction monitoring of deep foundations and earth retention structures, finite element of high rise building foundations and deep excavations in urban areas, calibration of advance, non-linear, pressure-dependent, multiphase constitutive material model using field and laboratory test results;
- Lead the analysis of complex and often unprecedented, soil-structure interaction problems using advanced numerical simulations;
- Perform static and dynamic analysis of soil and structures;
- Perform soil and structural characterization using geophysical prospecting techniques;
- Direct the installation and interpretation of field geotechnical instrumentation monitoring equipment;
- Analyze earth dam and embankments design and related seepage and stability problems;
- Lead the analysis and design of reinforced concrete and steel underground structures;
- Define assignments and direct and train less experienced engineering staff; and
- Prepare proposals for engineering work including cost estimating and scheduling.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering