| Job Description: ||
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is preferred. Three to five years of accounting experience is required. Problem solving skills and the ability to multitask are essential functions of the job.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point is required. Must possess excellent communications skills. Position may require travel.
Self-motivated, possess analytical skills and be customer-oriented.
Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level security clearance.
URS is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide operational and administrative support to our government client in Huntsville, Alabama.
This position is contigent and awaiting the contract to be awarded.
Primary focus is on performance of daily administrative functions at the work site with a primary concern for the area of finance and accounting. Acts as business unit financial manager responsible for maintaining annual business plan, forecasts and analysis of planned versus actual results.
1. Audits payroll and submits coding corrections to Program Management field offices.
2. Reviews invoices for accuracy, coding and entry into corporate resource management system.
3. Reviews all reports for accuracy, and codes with correct accounting information.
4. Prepares back up documentation.
5. Orders office supplies as required, ensures office automation equipment is in working order, maintains adequate supply of required forms and documents to support work site personnel.
6. Ensure all assets that are repaired shall be packaged for shipment in accordance with best commercial packaging instructions, as applicable. Items that are received in special reusable shipping and storage containers shall be packaged in applicable reusable shipping containers upon return.
7. Assure that all materials that may be labeled as hazardous are handled in accordance with applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations. Maintain required training and certification in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.