| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from ABET accredited university.
• Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
• PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
• Must have at least seven years of experience including industrial projects
• Must be a registered engineer-in-training.
• Must have knowledge of various engineering design codes (ASME B 31.1, ASME B31.3, API-610, API-650, ASME BPVC).
• May be required to perform field work, which could include climbing and travel to client locations to obtain information for design.
• Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
•Must have a valid driver's license.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
With limited supervision from senior level engineer, the successful candidate will develop solutions to simple design problems in accordance with accepted engineering standards.
Other responsibilities include:
• Prepare mechanical engineering calculations, hydraulic calculations, piping stress analysis calculations, pressure vessel analysis, pump and compressor sizing calculation, tank design calculations).
• Prepare equipment and construction specifications.
Select and procure equipment.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed designs of process systems including writing reports.
• Provide oversight and technical input for the preparation of piping design and equipment layout drawings.
• May be required to check drawings, shop drawings, and vendor prints for completeness and clarity using both manual and computer methods.
• Independently handle small and medium tasks, including technical and administrative issues.
• Research design issues with published code and standards, design manuals and published articles.