| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer in NY
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the design and construction of bridge and highway infrastructure improvements
• Knowledgeable in oversight of design services associated with Design-Build Projects
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management or other responsible charge of major Transportation Improvement Projects
• Experience with NYC Metropolitan Area Transportation Agencies (MTA, LIRR, Metro North, NYCT, NYCDOT, NYSDOT, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written skills; good presentation skills
• Candidate must have an understanding of project financial management and staff forecasting
• Ability to complete the URS Project Manager Certification Program within 6 months
• Must obtain negative result on drug screen performed in accordance with URS drug testing policy
• Valid Driver's License
Do the best work of your life!
URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Project Manager for immediate employment in the NYC office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Civil Engineering, specific to Rail and Surface Transportation. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Project Management of Major Transportation Infrastructure Improvement projects with NYSDOT, NYCDOT and NYSTA
• Coordination with prime consultants, contractors and agencies on technical requirements; coordination of work product and staff assignments and management of project finances
• Interfacing with client representatives, other discipline managers and staff, and other consulting firms in the coordination and development of engineering designs, investigations and reports
• Business development activities to identify track and pursue new work opportunities with agencies and other offices or consultants
• Preparation of Technical and Fee proposals in response to solicitations from agencies and other consultants
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those stated above
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.