| Job Description: ||
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) and LEED certified or LEED Associate
• Minimum 5 years of experience designing HVAC systems for commercial, institutional, industrial or government facilities
• Experience with Government agencies such as DoD, GSA, or NSA
• Experience with the following software: AutoCAD, Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, and/or BLCC5
• Established career in mechanical engineering specific to building systems and engineering design
• Familiar with central plant design and HVAC control sequences
• Energy analysis experience with regards to new energy codes and building modeling required
• Certified Energy Manager with Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 energy audit and energy analysis experience
• Capable of performing energy analysis and financial analysis and determining paybacks and ROI for energy retrofit projects
• Ability to lead energy audit assignments and design teams
• Ability to manage projects with minimum supervision
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• AutoCAD experience
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of software products
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent client interaction skills
• Current, valid driver's license
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
Due to our growth, the Process Engineering Business Line of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented hands-on Building Mechanical Engineer for immediate employment to be based in our Morrisville NC office, a Center of Excellence for Southeast operations of the IE Division. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. We seek applications from talented engineers with significant engineering company experience in HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection.
The primary role of the Mechanical Engineer will be the design of Systems for building HVAC, Mechanical and Plumbing systems. This will include: the preparation of design drawings and specifications; the review of submittals; review of design documents; field surveys; coordination with other disciplines; interaction with clients and contractors; and investigation and troubleshooting; among other things. The Mechanical Engineer will also perform commissioning services for building HVAC, Mechanical and Plumbing systems, in support of a URS Commissioning Agent. This will include: the preparation of specifications; commissioning plans; testing plans; site surveys; participation in testing on site; preparing reports; and independent interaction with clients and contractors. Other responsibilities include supporting design and commissioning teams in achieving project goals; attending meetings; and potential travel outside of the DC Metropolitan Area.
• Conduct preliminary and investment grade energy audits for a wide variety of commercial, institutional and federal government clients.
• Work with Energy Service Companies (ESCPO's) conducting energy audits and designing mechanical systems upgrades.
• Assist with the preparation of qualifications and fee proposals for provide professional engineering services.
• Lead mechanical design teams a on wide variety of projects.
• Develop man-hour estimates for professional services and prepare work plans and project schedules.
• Engineering analysis and quality control for complex HVAC systems including central boiler plant, chiller plants, hot water. chilled water and steam distribution systems, heat recovery systems, plumbing systems, central air handling units and air distribution systems, building automation systems, etc.
• Prepare mechanical construction documents
• Mechanical systems cost estimating
• Prepare engineering reports
• Perform field surveys
• Attend client meetings and prepare meetings
• Participate in marketing interviews
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.