| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Engineering, Environmental Science, Emergency Management or related area of study.
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Must be eligible for a Secret Clearance
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Emergency Management planning.
• Real world experience in the development of strategies and plans for response to all hazards at any level of government or in private sector and familiarity with current requirements, guidance, and practices.
• Experience with execution of HSEEP exercises
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, adjust presentation to audience, and speak comfortably in front of large groups of technical and non-technical people.
• Current knowledge of specific government agency requirements, with an emphasis on California and local/county-based emergency management
• In-depth knowledge and experience in the field of Emergency Management including the National Response Framework, Incident Command System, and National Incident Management System
• Working knowledge of the federal legal/regulatory basis for current Emergency Management and homeland security initiatives and programs
• Specialized knowledge in one or more of the following areas: critical infrastructure assessment, water security, government-private sector coordination, or natural hazard risk management.
• Experience successfully managing project teams and working with clients.
• Develops, implements, and maintains Emergency Management programs, systems and procedures.
• Develops Emergency Management plans, including preparedness, COOP, COG, COB, and long-term recovery plans, applying industry best practices to address client specific needs.
• Supports development of creative technology solutions to project specific requirements and solving Emergency Management issues.
• Develops supporting documentation for the client to use in Emergency Management operations, training, and outreach support
• Development, delivery, and evaluation of HSEEP exercises
• Provides guidance and may mentor more junior Emergency Management professionals and/or support personnel