Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Waste Management. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
I. Job Summary
Coordinates all onsite activities at client location in relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following federal, state & local regulations. Supervise and plan activities of onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in relation to service issues and contract management. Maintain pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
· Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
· Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
· Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
· Administer client and vendor financial obligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
· Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
IV. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
V. Competencies/ Traits
· Supervisory and team building skills
· Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
· Effective and concise communication
· Adept decision making
· Strategic thinking
· Strong leadership and relationship building skills
· Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
· Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results
VI. Critical Decisions
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Required: Associates Degree in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business and two or more years experience with responsibility in project/business management. Environmental or services industry experience is required. Bachelor's in Business Administration (or Master's in industry related field) may substitute for three years of experience at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Preferred: Bachelor's in Business Administration or advanced degree in related field (Accounting, Environmental Sciences). One year of experience in a supervisory level position.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) is preferred.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.