| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience
• A minimum of ten (10) years of maintenance work experience in an industrial setting, with a preference in a toxic or hazardous environment desired. Prefer a portion of this experience to be with chemical demil plant maintenance. Must have working knowledge of plant process equipment.
• Must possess the ability to supervise and evaluate the quality of work performed by subordinates.
• Multi-craft experience is required in the following or similar field: Millwright Mechanic, Industrial Electrician or Instrument Technician, including supervisory experience.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprint drawings, layouts and specifications. Ability to formulate reports, procedures and written instructions.
Prior experience as a journeyman is desirable.
Must be a U.S. or Naturalized citizen.
This position is subject to the requirements of the Arms, Ammunition and Explosives Personnel Program (AA&EPP). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, interview, records review, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by Army Regulations.
This position is contingent on the SDC/TRAM project being extended and there being a vacancy for this job title at the SDC project
Will consider internal URS employees and ANCDF Team Subcontractors first.
Washington Government Environmental Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of URS, is currently seeking a Maintenance Superintendent in Anniston, AL. This position will be supervising and directing all maintenance operations in the SDC/TRAM facility. Coordinates maintenance activities in accordance with approved procedures and requirements. Assesses manpower and equipment requirements for scheduled and non-scheduled work and makes assignments. Ensures plant maintenance activities are performed in a safe, environmentally sound, cost effective, and disciplined manner that protects the health and safety of the workers, the public and the environment.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
• Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
• May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
• Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
• Interface with maintenance planning group to ensure costs, material estimates, manpower/craft mix are adequate supported on maintenance schedules.
• Assists the TRAM Project Manager and the Plant Shift Manager in planning and coordinating maintenance activities to include establishing maintenance priorities, and making specific job assignments for employees in the implementation of changes to plant configuration, corrective and preventive maintenance.
• Organize and direct the work of the Maintenance personnel.
• Responsible for supervision of craft precision work.
• Monitors all work efforts ensuring quality and quantity of work adhere to project requirements, policies and procedures.
• Utilizes working knowledge of craft tools and calibration equipment, including hand and power tool, test equipment, mobile and fixed cranes and all material handling equipment.
• Possesses the ability to comprehend and participate in craft and management problem solving activities.
• Ensure line personnel are proactive in identifying equipment and system problems and initiate documentation to identify and correct these problems.
• Conducts staff meetings with craft.
• Support all teamwork principles of effective management and practices.
• Supervises personnel working in areas of elevated temperatures.
• Maintains accountability of property, including tools and maintenance equipment for the TRAM.
We invite you to take the next step toward THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.