| Job Description: ||
• BS in Civil Engineering/Transportation Engineering or related field.
• PE Registration in CA Required
• 7+ years' experience working as a transportation engineer in highway and traffic engineering projects. Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for 1 year of experience. PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to 3 years of experience Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Working experience should include projects with State Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and Bay Area Local Agencies.
• Computer experience: Latest version of Microstation, Inroads Design Model, Auto CAD and Civil 3D, MS Project for Schedule, Powerpoint Presentation
• Strong technical skills in highway design including preparation of reports, feasibility studies, plans, specifications and cost estimates. Candidates must be team orientated; possess excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to interact well with all levels of professional staff, management, and clients; ability to direct junior engineers and CADD staff, commitment to productivity and quality; and strong organizational skills.
• Additional Requirements: Coordinate and assist Group Manager and Project Manager with business development effort by providing support such as doing research on the project leads. In addition, developing conceptual design exhibits and design alternatives, conducting preliminary investigation for the proposal effort.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs. URS has more than 50,000 employees in a network of offices in 34 countries.
The Infrastructure and Environment / Transportation Group of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Transportation Project Engineer for immediate employment in the Oakland office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Highway Design, specific to Freeway, Expressway, and Local Street Design. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. Excellent opportunity to take a leading role with increased responsibility working with a seasoned group of transportation professionals on a variety of challenging and diverse highway projects in the Bay Area. Work assignments would include, but not be limited to geometric design of roadways using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, and Inroads, supervision of plans production, utility and drainage design, pavement delineation and signing, stage construction and traffic handling, quantity take-off and cost estimates, preparation of reports and specifications, and field surveys.
• Responsible for Quality Control of tasks or small segments of project produced, as well as, products of technical and administrative staff assigned tasks by engineer. Assigns tasks to technical or administrative staff. May train less experienced staff in preparation of construction documents and design.
• Performs work that involves plans, specifications, estimates, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents. Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements. Under direction of a professional or suitably experienced engineer, manages small tasks or portions of larger project.
• Skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues. Creativity, foresight and mature scientific judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and developing standards and guides for diverse technical activities.
• Ability to develop and maintain a network outside incumbent's office. Advanced project management and client management skills.
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.