| Job Description: ||
• High School diploma or equivalent education.
• Formal Electrical/Electronics/Instrumentation training such as vocational/technical school, trade school, military or apprenticeship desired.
• Minimum 4 yrs electrical/electronics/instrumentation work experience in an industrial setting, with a preference in a toxic or hazardous work environment desired. Prefer a portion of this experience to be with chemical demil plant maintenance and/or industrial chemical plant maintenance
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprint drawings, layouts and specifications.
• Work with a Forklift in an industrial environment required.
• Emergency Response Team and/or Hazmat Team experience is desired.
• Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)/Process Data Acquisition and Recording System (PDARS) interface is desired.
• Experience with continuous emissions monitoring system (CEMS) equipment is desired.
Must be a U.S. or Naturalized citizen.
This position is subject to the requirements of the Arms, Ammunition and Explosives Personnel Program (AA&EPP). As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, interview, records review, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by Army Regulations.
Will consider internal URS employees and ANCDF Team Subcontractors first.
Washington Government Environmental Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of URS, is currently seeking an Instrument and Controls Technician in Anniston, AL. This position is responsible for maintaining the company’s buildings, facilities, and equipment in an operating and functional condition. This position supports the Throughput, Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability Evaluation (TRAM) project by performing a variety of Instrument and Control trade functions. These duties include corrective and preventive maintenance on facility systems, equipment and components, such as: programmable logic controllers (PLC), motor control centers, HVAC units, control and power circuits, air/electrical operated valves, and other related remote controlled equipment. Duties also include involvement in the installation and removal of piping, circuits, and associated instrumentation and equipment supporting facility modifications. As this is also a multi-role position, support of munitions handling, waste management housekeeping practices and other duties as assigned will be required.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
• Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
• May be required to work overtime or varying hours.
• Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
• Maintains Fitness for Duty Standards
• Performs Journeyman level Craft duties in the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, systems and components.
• Performs Corrective and Preventive Maintenance tasks. Utilizes blueprints, drawings and specifications in locating and diagnosing trouble in equipment, control circuits and power systems.
• Performs emergency repairs to systems, equipment and components. Records the as-found condition as well as the repaired condition, analyzing system characteristics to determine the cause of failure.
• Replaces worn, damaged or failed components and fixtures in support of facility operations.
• Conducts post-maintenance testing of systems, equipment and components as necessary to complete work packages and ensures systems, equipment and components are returned to operational conditions.
• Be able to complete training and certification of the SDC Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS)
• Carries out or assists in the operation, calibration, performance of preventive/corrective maintenance and maintenance of records on all CEMS equipment
• Recommends changes to fine-tune any monitoring, waste sampling, and CEMS related procedures
• Performs operational check, acceptance testing, and systemization of monitoring equipment received at ANCDF
• Assists vendors in performing Maintenance tasks that are beyond the TRAM Maintenance Staff capability. Provides technical support for this work.
• Specifies maintenance equipment needs to complete assigned tasks.
• Fabricates required components consistent with engineering specifications.
• Wears various levels of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) in the performance of assigned duties.
• Works in close proximity to and handles explosive configured munitions, components and residues
• Works in environments with elevated temperatures.
• Maintains accountability of property, including tools and maintenance equipment.
• May be required to works shifts, weekends and holidays, as required to support processing
• Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks, following predetermined checklists in the performance of preventive maintenance.
• Understands and utilizes a variety of hand tools, power tools, measurement and test equipment (M&TE) in the performance of duties.
• Assists Engineering with modifications/revisions to plant systems, equipment and/or components.
• Maintains housekeeping in all areas.
We invite you to take the next step toward THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.