| Job Description: ||
• Minimum B.S. Civil Engineering
• Minimum five years of relevant engineering experience in general civil, water/wastewater, and pipeline discipline areas
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) required
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of utility systems models
• Must have strong design and computer skills, enjoy self-directed learning, have an enthusiastic and energetic attitude towards solving engineering problems, and take pride in their role in producing high quality deliverables for clients
• Must have knowledge of taking a utility project from the study/evaluation phase, through the design and construction phases
Must be able to:
• Work effectively in teams under budget and schedule constraints.
• Communicate clearly and provide strong support for design projects involving plans and specifications
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is seeking a highly motivated, team orientated, and productive engineer to work with an outstanding group of engineers and technicians. Candidate will gain additional engineering experience through project opportunities and over time will have the opportunity for increased technical responsibilities within URS.
• Independently prepare calculations, designs, and engineering reports related to proposed and/or (to be) rehabilitated storm and sewer collection and pumping systems, as well as water distribution and transmission and pumping systems
• Prepare project drawings/designs in AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Perform constructability reviews of designs
• Conduct calculation checks and peer review of deliverables
• Plan, prepare, and review technical specifications according to the contract documents
• Provide training and support to junior engineering staff
• Assist senior project manager in project delivery including task management and planning, scheduling, coordination of detailed phases of the engineering work
• Directly interact with clients including making technical presentations, participation in project meetings, and preparation of response letters to client requests for information
• Participate in marketing efforts with existing and new clients including preparation of proposals, client visitation, and participation in presentations
• Write letters and reports
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.