Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Earth Tech Inc.. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
Perform underground utility location work for the Florida Department of Transportation in both Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties pertaining to the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) infrastructure. The work shall include locating and marking the Department’s communication and power lines to prevent them from being cut or damaged. By providing this service, the ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will assist the Department in protecting its underground infrastructure and comply with Chapter 556, Florida Statutes, known as the Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety Act or “One Call” legislation.
ITS Utility Location
The work shall include, but not be limited to:
• ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will be trained to perform utility locates in accordance with the latest edition of Section 11.3, Locates, of the Department’s Utility Accommodation Manual.
• Assist with the coordination of utility location work with Contractors and other agencies/entities that will be constructing, designing, maintaining, setting signs or surveying within the area where the ITS utility is located. This coordination shall take place no less than forty-eight (48) business hours prior to any excavation as described in the “One Call” legislation.
• ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will be trained to provide all necessary traffic control devices, labor and equipment in accordance with the Florida Department of Transportation Roadway and Traffic Design Standards, Index 600 when performing utility location work.
• The ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will be trained to acquire permits from the city, county, local, state, federal or other public authorities that may be required for the execution of the utility location work.
• The ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will be responsible for making arrangements with all excavators for locate requests. All locate requests shall be processed within forty-eight (48) hours. Additionally, the position requires proficient use of approved locating devices, methods, markings procedures, communicating skills and record keeping.
• The ITS Utility Locates Coordinator Assistant will be trained in the use of computerized applications for accessing the One Call Ticket Management and Map Screening application of the Locate or Locates including names, measurements, address, methods, pictures or other pertinent information.
High School Diploma from an accredited school or GED equivalent. Clean driving record. General health required to perform physically demanding outside work in varying weather conditions.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.