| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 7+ years applicable experience, OR
• Master's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 5+ years applicable experience, OR
• PhD Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 2+ years applicable experience.
• Knowledge of advanced engineering principles and practices to develop appropriate outputs. In-depth knowledge of the conventional technology in the specialized field, computer applications, Industry Codes and Standards, design control, and Department of Energy requirements.
• Must have Working knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (e.g., NEC, ASME, ANSI, ISA, ASHRAE, IEEE, ASTM, NFPA, IBC).
• Must have the ability to walkdown systems in the field.
• Good organizational and communication skills are necessary. Expresses ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing.
• Accepts responsibility for own actions and commitments. Takes ownership of his or her job.
• Works well in an environment of multiple demands and shifting directions and priorities.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Professional Engineering License.
• Proficiency in 2D Microstation CADD.
• Relocation support is available for this position.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of URS Corporation is seeking a Senior Engineer A - Instrumentation and Control to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
• Define scope of technical programs and develop effective and efficient solutions to complex engineering problems in both existing and new facilities. Provide engineering analysis, walk downs, design development and generation of design output documents including but not limited to: P&IDs, Control Logic Diagrams, Instrument Loop Drawings, Instrument Indices, Setpoint Lists, Instrument and Control Valve Specifications, Control Valve selection and sizing, Instrument Location and Installation Design, Panel Layouts, familiar with DCS and PLC interfaces, and Supplier Document Review. Apply resourceful thinking to unique or complex problems. Research, modify, and apply existing methods and technology to assigned tasks, conventional engineering, or scientific problems. Specify and select equipment, function as a technical expert to less experienced engineers, develop standard discipline deliverables (calculations and drawings), plan and estimate complex engineering tasks, promote and negotiate solutions, and communicate with management and customers.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.