| Job Description: ||
• Experience in Electrical building systems, including HVAC systems, power, instrumentation and controls, fire protection support, UPS, communication systems and equipment power as well as general knowledge of civil, structural, electrical and general building facilities.
• Experience in conceptual and detailed estimating, bid evaluation and change order estimating required.
• Working knowledge of production rates, labor rates, material costs and unit cost indices over a broad range of trades.
• Understanding of both CSI Master Format and Uniformat methodologies.
• Knowledge of production rates, labor rates, material costs and unit cost indices over a broad range of trades.
• TS/SCI Clearance or ability to obtain while working.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in related field with progressive levels of responsibility.
• 7 years of experience with at least 4 years in facilities renovation and construction.
URS Corporation is looking for an experienced Estimator with strength in all elements of electrical estimating for general facility construction to join their team in Columbia, MD. This position will report directly to the Estimating Manager. The Estimator will be responsible for the development of detailed facility estimates for various purposes including but not limited to: conceptual project budgeting, design development and hard money bid proposals.
• Will participate in and be party to strategic estimating approach and techniques to be competitive and successful low bidder.
• Must be a “hands-on” estimator doing quantity take-offs with attention to details in all aspects of the project.
• Have the ability to make accurate quantity surveys and to estimate the cost of materials, labor, equipment and subcontractor’s work while ascertaining that all portions of the work have been accounted for in final bid preparation.
• Have the ability to schedule and lead complex construction project estimates.
• Be able to produce conceptual estimates (ROM) with limited information and budget to do so.
• Experience with federal and government contracting preferred.
• Must be highly motivated with strong personal initiative and solid judgment.
• Be able to work accurately under pressure of bid deadlines.