Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
CH2M Hill. |
|Type of Employment:||Full Time|
CH2M HILL Chief Bridge Engineer - Chantilly, VA|
(Can be based in any US City where CH2 has an office)
Employee-owned CH2M HILL is a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, construction management, program management, and operations for government, civil, industrial, and energy clients. We are ranked No. 4 in Transportation and No. 4 in Bridges by Engineering News-Record. Our goal is to be the No. 1 Transportation services provider across all modes, including highway bridges and major crossings, and we are looking for a highly experienced Chief Bridge Engineer who can work with our North American and International bridge team (Halcrow) to achieve this vision.
CH2M HILL provides a full spectrum of concrete and steel bridge services, ranging from bridge/structural planning and design, to construction, inspection, assessment, rehabilitation, and maintenance. Our history of project success encompasses virtually every type of bridge structure, including cable-stayed, arches, trusses, and girders. Our practice includes bridges for aviation, transit, and port projects and clients. CH2M HILL also offers a range of alternative project delivery options to meet our clients' budget and schedule requirements.
Summary of Job Purpose:
The Chief Bridge Engineer is the leader for CH2M HILL's Transportation Business Group (TBG) Bridge practice in North America. His/her primary roles are to work with our Market Segment Directors to establish strategy for the market/practice; steward our bridge client, engineering, and contractor relationships; identify and prioritize top strategic pursuits; provide strategic insight into business development activities and resource deployment; identify/analyze market trends; foster the development of new technologies and services to meet market needs; and support the achievement of TBG's growth targets and metrics for the Bridge practice in North America.
The Chief Bridge Engineer will also lead the development and application of technical excellence across North America; define and lead the technical learning and development plans within the Bridge discipline; plan and lead the assembly and transfer of technical knowledge; and support the development of locally based technical capacity to meet business demand.
· This position reports to TBG's North America Highway/Bridge Market Segment Director.
· Assesses the market conditions and trends and positions CH2M HILL to take advantage of emerging opportunities in the bridge engineering and construction market.
· Supports the development and execution of the Bridge practice growth strategy, in collaboration with regional and other TBG leadership.
· Plays a leading role in the identification, prioritization for pursuit, and winning of major Bridge projects and programs across TBG, and provides ongoing technical support to manage delivery excellence throughout a project lifecycle.
· Provides strategic direction to business development budget setting and advises on strategic direction to meet changing market needs.
· Identifies and develops strategic relationships with bridge engineering and construction partners.
· Acts as one of our key faces to the industry. In this role, the Chief Bridge Engineer represents CH2M HILL and TBG on external bodies and at industry events to elevate the firm's reputation and market profile in the bridge engineering and construction industries.
· Collaborates with TBG's staffing manager to deploy technical staff on major bridge projects.
· Participates as principal, senior consultant, or project manager on major bridge projects.
CH2M HILL Major Crossings: http://bit.ly/W3DBxm
CH2M HILL Highways & Bridges: http://bit.ly/AFrk5T
· A minimum of 15years in bridge construction and/or engineering industry in North America with increasing responsibility over time
· Demonstrated Outstanding leadership and communications skills
· Bachelors Degree required; Advanced degree preferred in engineering or construction.
· Professional registration required.
Degree RequiredBachelors or 4 Year Degree
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let's get to work.