| Job Description: ||
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent minimum 15 years of work experience in the design and implementation of transit, commuter or freight railroad dispatching systems.
• Minimum 9 years of experience in the architecture, design, installation and operation of Computer Aided Dispatching Systems.
• Knowledge of transit, commuter and freight rail operations
• Knowledge of computer based signaling and/or communications-based train control systems.
• Experience working on large transit/railroad projects with complex interlockings, signals, communications and their interfaces to the office control system.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with other interfacing multi-disciplinary team members (other rail system engineers, as well as other civil, structural, electrical and mechanical engineers.
• Strong computer skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure & Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented (position title) for immediate employment in the Chicago office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Railroad Systems, specific to Supervisory Control Engineering. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including the "Reintroduction of Passenger Rail Service - Chicago to Quad Cities".
• Serve as a project Systems Engineer-Dispatching and represent the firm's interests in developing and reviewing designs.
• Perform systems' design and preparation of specifications.
• Coordinate end-user systems' requirements and criteria.
• Develop and review cost estimates and projections.
• Participate in project working meetings and suggest alternative designs in performing Value Engineering review and analysis.
• Provide suggestions to create adjustments as necessary to keep construction costs within budget.
• Prepare/review milestone design submittals.
• Review contractor submittals and work closely with field force account labor on the installation of Systems' components and software.
• Other duties as assigned.