| Job Description: ||
URS Corporation (www.urs.com) intends to be the contractor of choice to provide superior Systems Engineering, Integration, Operations and Readiness Support for the Program Executive Office, Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T) office in Aberdeen, Maryland and various other locations.
Private and confidential interviews available for current incumbent employees.
High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 5 years of job-related experience or equivalent.
Requires advanced capability operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs. Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
Good communication and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems. Position may require travel.
Must be able to pass/maintain a Security Clearance - active clearance is strongly preferred.
URS is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide acquisition support services the U.S. Army and the Program Executive Office for Command, Control and Communications Tactical (PEO C3T) in Aberdeen, Maryland and various other locations.
Administrative/technical work in management environment. Personal computer literate with knowledge of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Uses common office equipment, e.g., facsimile (fax) machines, copiers, projectors, and PC printers. Performs high quality project support. Will contact most levels of Government/client personnel. Handles confidential information. Maintains logs, records, archives and/or working files. Given minimum instruction and supervision, handles correspondence, prepares reports, arranges meetings and/or travel arrangements.
This position is contingent and awaiting the contract to be awarded in April 2013.
1. Manages the administrative and secretarial day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, providing required support to department members, ordering supplies and materials, coordinating any service or maintenance requirements, and handling office issues as required.
2. Prepares, proofreads and distributes letters, reports, briefings, proposals and other correspondence. Also, prepares special or on-time reports, summaries, analyses, or replies to inquiries under general direction.
3. Prepares and maintains work processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and/or other software files and information.
4. Answers, screens, and directs incoming telephone calls. Responds to routine and non-routine inquiries as appropriate.
5. Schedules appointments, makes travel plans, arranges meetings, and prepares required materials. May attend meetings and record and report on proceedings.
6. Organizes and maintains departmental files. Opens, reviews and distributes incoming mail. Prepares and ships outgoing mail.
7. May distribute, tabulate and enter time sheets and staff expense reports.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.