| Job Description: ||
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or related field
• Minimum 5 years of experience working with clients such as the North Carolina Department of Transportation on natural resource/NEPA projects, including a minimum of four years of environmental studies field experience
• Intensive and diversified knowledge of environmental studies principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
• Utilization of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of sciences and disciplines, including the use of analytical and numerical flow and transport models
• Thorough understanding of regulatory program in which the environmental studies work is being performed
• Ability to generate well-written, technically sound reports requiring minor to no report core modification (structure, general content) from senior technical personnel
• Understanding and correct application of project-specific regulatory guidance and regulations
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
The Environmental and Infrastructure Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Scientist for immediate employment in the Morrisville office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in environmental assessments specific to local clients such as the North Carolina Department of Transportation. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to supporting projects such as major Transportation environmental impacts statements, feasibility studies, and comprehensive transportation plans.
• Assist with planning projects
• Prepare natural resources technical reports
• Conduct field studies related to natural resources, protected species, wildlife resources and related parameters
• Assist with the preparation of NEPA documents
• Coordinate with regulatory and resource agencies with regard to NEPA, ecological studies and permitting
• Work in regional program areas related to natural/water resources planning, community development, hazard mitigation, coastal zone management and others
• Perform field inspections to gather data relevant to the development review process and/or to verify that development projects comply with approved plans
• Conduct meetings and present reports and other findings to staff with advisory boards and elected officials
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed above.
Do the best work of your life! URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.