| Job Description: ||
This position is contingent upon award of the NTC's Logistics Support Services contract located at Fort Irwin, California.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma and 3 years of job-related experience or equivalent. Requires operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Purpose and Scope:
Provide administrative and secretarial support duties to support a staff group or a Director.
1. Word-process correspondence and reports; proof material.
2. Maintain files and records.
3. Performs data entry into databases.
4. Coordinate meetings, schedules, and travel arrangement.
5. Distribute, tabulate and enter time sheets and staff expenses.
6. Read, screen, and route mail. Respond to routine inquiries.
7. Screens and directs incoming telephone calls. Responds to routine requests for information.
8. Maintains departmental files and recurring reports. Requisitions supplies and services as required.
9. This position may have responsibilities that include coordinating paperwork, conducting new hire orientations, answering employees questions, and obtaining assistance from the Human Resources Department.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.