| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in a mechanical engineering discipline or the sciences from a four-year accredited college or university.
• 2+ years of experience
• MS Words, Excel and some basic computer softwares.
• FE (EIT) certificate
• Experience working with arctic conditions
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Piping Engineer III to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
• Under general direction, completes engineering assignments of moderate to advanced complexity.
• Has an advanced level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Fully understands and assists with the preparation of project scope within a specific discipline.
• Fully understands business development concepts and methods and provides support to proposals.
• Fully understands codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with and can check the work sequence, general content and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can read and understand construction drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Has a basic understanding of external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Reviews and advises on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating budget limitations.
• Takes the lead on estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s material costs and of cost and forecasting.
• Understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
• Understands the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline’s equipment and material lists.
• Can integrate all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
• May provide technical guidance to less experienced engineering staff.
• Maintains positive working relationship with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE