| Job Description: ||
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 7 years of professional experience.
• Experience with the operation of a data center environment is required, as is experience with tools and processes associated with the operation of a virtual or physical data center environment.
• Experience with the implementation, configuration and management of enterprise monitoring systems preferably GroundWork and Nagios.
• Experience with the design, implementation, configuration and management of remote access systems to include VPN based solutions.
• Experience with the development, implementation and management of operational processes and procedures associated with the effective management of a data center environment.
• Experience with the design, development and implmentation of solutions that provide automation to data center environments with a team approch to engineering solutions.
• Ability to define, develop and manage Linux and Windows OS images for use in a hosted VM environment.
• 7 plus years of experience of which 3 or more are specific with a Linux and Windows environment.
• Ability to effectively lead a team of support personnel to meet operational objectives.
• Documentation skills to include system diagramming and the development of operational support guidelines / reference material.
• Experience with Java based solutions in a Linux environment. Specific experience with JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, James experience a plus.
• Experience with the configuration, implementation and administration of Puppet is desired.
• Experience with Linux and Windows in a hosted VMWare environment.
• Ability to work closely with certification personnel to identify and resolve security concerns.
URS is looking for a Princiapl System Engineer/Architect to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia!
The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for design and engineering work for the CCIIO Enterprise Cloud Application Platform (ECAP).
ECAP is a virtualized, cloud based environment hosting a variety of applications in support of our HHS customers. The platform is hosted within the Terremark Enterprise Cloud and managed remotely from our offices in Chantilly.
Elements of a typical Data Center environment that occur above the facility and physical hardware layer are managed to include server provisioning, monitoring, performance analysis, network configuration and management.
• The Sr. Systems Engineer will participate with the architecture and implementaiton of cloud based solutions in support of the ECAP environment.
• The successful candidate will design, implment solutions and then transition these solutions to operational teams. Design, diagraming and documentation of solutions will be a key component of this position.
• Detailed specifications for redundancy, failover, and disaster recovery need to be planned and implemented.
• The VM environment will be a combination of Red Hat Linux and MS Windows with a SAN based storage and backup solution.
• Work will include solution design, resource provisioning, system verification and delivery.
• Responsibilities will primarily include engineering and implementation of solutions to add automation to a large enterprise cloud environment.
• Support will be provided to O&M personnel as needed to maintain the environment.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).