| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree or higher in chemical or petroleum engineering
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in the oil & gas industry
• Professional Engineering Registration or ability to obtain.
• Experience with commercial process simulation tools such as HYSYS and Promax
• Working knowledge of API and industry standards in particular API-520 and API-521
• Candidate must be able to understand and follow verbal directions, follow established and written procedures, and effectively communicate information both verbally and written.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and able to work productively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
• Candidate must be able to handle multiple concurrent tasks while managing and prioritizing his or her workload.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform conceptual, preliminary and detail process design of units and unit operations for the oil and gas and refining process industries.
• Develop process flow diagrams and P&IDs.
• Size process equipment and prepare conditions of service data sheets.
• Perform heat and material balance, hydraulic and relief valve calculations.
• Develop and optimize process simulation models.
• Be responsible for interfacing with the client on process issues and insuring that the work of other engineering disciplines satisfies process requirements.
• Be willing to mentor and direct younger staff
• Assist in the coordination between engineering disciplines, participating in project planning activities, and support cost and schedule updates.