| Job Description: ||
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
1. High School graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
2. Journey Level License or demonstrated equivalent.
3. 8+ years’ experience performing as a Mechanic or Mechanical Technician.
4. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Industrial Mechanical Technical Experience preferred.
2. 2 years experience with maintaining pumps and motors.
3. 5 years experience welding and fabricating.
4. Welding Certification
5. Experience in welding using MIG, TIG, and arch welders
6. Experience working in confined spaces.
7. Experience performing millwright work.
8. Experience performing pipe fitting work.
9. Experience performing install/repairs on commercial sprinkler systems.
10. Experience operating heavy equipment – Skid Steers, Front End Loaders
This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All Positions with URS will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
All Positions with URS may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
•Have the ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
•Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
•Have the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat repetitive during shift.
•Have the ability to regularly kneel repetitive for shift.
•Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
•Have the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
•Have the ability to walk extensively through out the plant for shift.
•Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
•Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Note: No relocation available.
URS has a 1st shift Mechanical Maintenance Technician IV position available in Mossville, IL.
This position will primarily work with facility maintenance department maintaining hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, tank cleaning, pumps, motors, mechanical power transmission equipment, and general housekeeping, etc. This position will require working in small confined spaces and repeated uses of ladders and stairs per shift.
At URS, we specialize, in part, in facilities management and maintenance for industrial, manufacturing, distribution and commercial sites worldwide. When you work for URS, you join 57,000 employees providing world class technical services to our customers. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off and 401k plan with 5% match, etc. – and your benefits start the same day you do.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.