| Job Description: ||
• Clearance – Must presently have a TS clearance and complete documentation. Employee will be required to pass further screening by the government client if accepted for the position.
• Years of Experience – Minimum of 7 years operating heavy equipment
• Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – Preferred – Class A, B or C Certification
• Education – Must have high school education or GED – Must have documented training from a labor union / trade school / training program documenting ironworking skill sets
• Building and Construction -- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
• Mechanical -- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Travel – Durations of up to 3 months away from residence.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
URS Corporation is looking for several Heavy Equipment Operators to join their team on a military installation in Las Vegas, Nevada. This position will report functionally to the Site Manager and will regularly interface with the Senior Management at site.
Duties / Tasks –
• Capable and certified in the operations of bulldozers (up to and including D9 size), tracked excavator, rubber tired loaders, earth scrapers, vibratory compactors, forklifts and backhoes.
• Prepares equipment by conducting operator inspections; performing preventive maintenance checks.
• Prepares work by studying and clarifying instructions and diagrams; calculating requirements; gathering supplies.
• Accomplishes work by operating equipment; observing varying conditions; adjusting equipment controls.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; calling for repairs.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
• Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Controlling Machines and Processes -- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
• Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material -- Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings -- Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.