| Job Description: ||
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 4 years experience working as a design engineer on industrial power system projects.
Do the best work of your life!
The Process Technologies Office of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Engineer for immediate employment in the Austin office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in industrial power systems design, specific to Power Plant industry is desirable. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to typical projects including FGD and associated power plant retrofits and upgrades.
• perform onsite investigations of existing customer power systems
• collect and analyze power data
• perform studies using ETAP or SKM analysis software, including load flow, short circuit, protective coordination and arc flash studies
• prepare electrical equipment technical and procurement specifications and perform bid evaluations
• perform detailed engineering design to industry and company codes and standards
• provide direction to designers on construction work packages
• provide onsite construction and commissioning support on projects as necessary
• travel approximately 10-20%
• Perform onsite investigations of existing power systems, collect and analyze power data, perform detailed engineering design, perform load flow, short circuit, protective coordination, and arc flash studies
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.