| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or the sciences (or equivalent education) from a four -year accredited college or university preferably with an emphasis on Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection Technology
• 7+ years of experience
• Basic familiarity with NFPA, IBC/IFC, and related industry codes and standards
• Basic CAD skills
• Experience with sprinkler hydraulic calculations and alarm system battery sizing and voltage drop calculations
• Professional Engineer License
• Experience in industrial fire protection (e.g. oil & gas)
• North Slope or Arctic Experience
• FE (EIT) certificate
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Fire and Gas Engineer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity.
• Comprehensive understanding of a specific discipline and has basic understanding of other disciplines.
• May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope with a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the methods of business development and able to lead the preparation of proposals.
• Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Reviews and advises on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for a specific discipline.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline's material costs and of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the project change control process and can identify a potential change.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline's equipment and material lists, and has the ability to instruct others in understanding their use and requirements.
• Maximizes the integration of all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.