| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Health or Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Engineering or demonstrated equivalent
• 5 years experience
• Knowledge and application of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures within HSE specialty areas.
••Experienced with ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 standard requirements and capable of developing, implementing and optimizing EH&S management systems
• Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approaches to EHS challenges
• Current knowledge of specific local, state, national, and international government agency (e.g,. CalOSHA, OSHA, ISO, etc.) EHS laws and regulations
• Ability to work directly with clients (especially on-site at client facilities), assess and meet their expectations
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure & Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Environmental Health & Safety Specialist for immediate employment in the San Jose office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Environmental Health & Safety, specific to HSE compliance programs at private sector multinational technology companies. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to challenging projects including the opportunity to work within a client's organization and maintaining responsibility for implementing internal corporate HSE policies across sites in the U.S. and Europe.
• Under limited supervision, responsible for moderately complex technical work in a wide range of HSE disciplines to achieve compliance with Environmental Health & Safety standards along with federal and state regulatory requirements
• Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of environmental health & safety programs, systems and procedures
• Monitor and prevents hazards and diseases that could be found across various facility locations (multi-state or multi-national) of the client organization
• Investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards in the workplace
• Recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures and operating equipment to minimize hazards
• Develop and conduct employee training, and assure the quality of training programs
• Provide regulatory interpretation and technical advice
• May administer a Health & Safety program on a small or medium-sized project and/or act as a lead role for a team of Health & Safety professionals and/or support personnel
Identify potential environmental impacts and determine appropriate mitigation measures