| Job Description: ||
Bachelor of Science Degree in civil/ structural engineering from a four-year accredited college or university.
• 4+ years of work experience required.
• Proficient with StaadPRO V8i
• Experience in Oil & Gas related projects
• FE (EIT) certificate
• Master’s Degree in civil/structural engineering
• Minimum 3.5 GPA
• Internship experience in structural engineering with an engineering and construction company or in the oil and gas industry
• Working knowledge of 3-D modeling
• Experience working with North Slope or arctic conditions
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer V to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Under direct supervision, completes assignments of limited complexity.
• Applies a basic level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Understands project scope as presented within a specific discipline.
• Has basic knowledge of business development concepts and methods and provides support to proposals as required.
• Familiar with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Familiar with the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within engineer's discipline.
• Basic knowledge of the process of preparing and checking calculations within the Structural discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools.
• Can read and understand construction drawings.
• Assists in the collection of data and information regarding technical and economic factors relating to a specific subject within a specific discipline.
• Understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Understands and reviews vendor documents for a specific discipline.
• Basic knowledge of discipline manpower loading.
• Performs material take offs for a specific discipline.
• Basic knowledge of discipline's material costs.
• Basic knowledge of planning and scheduling tasks within a specific discipline.
• Basic knowledge of the project change control process.
• Basic knowledge of discipline's equipment and material lists.
• Can fully integrate constructability concerns into engineering solutions.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE