| Job Description: ||
Under general supervision, performs design and drafting job functions as assigned by management. Typical job responsibilities are to assist and support engineers in all disciplines in design and drawing development and review, checking and resolving comments on design drawings. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned: What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Provide designer and CADD drafting support to multi-disciplinary engineering group.
• Pull drawings from the controlled documents vault as needed
• Develop new sketches and drawings from general instructions from the engineers
• Take field measurements and develop drawings / sketches of as-built configurations
• Perform material take-offs and develop Bills of Material from drawings
• Perform drafting revisions on current drawings
• Create new and revised drawings in AutoCAD
• Perform drafting and design work in accordance to departmental procedures as instructed by Design or Systems Engineering
• Assist with AutoCAD support questions from the Engineers
• Scan / Print drawings
• Obtain signatures on drawings for designated reviews
• Submit drawings to the vault and archive AutoCAD files
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager, NSE Design Engineering
• Must be proficient in AutoCAD and familiar with Raster Imaging. Majority of work will be 2D but 3D experience is greatly desired.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing practices and techniques
• Must have the ability to build a drawing package
• Understanding of dimensional tolerancing
• Understanding of different requirements for engineering discipline drawings (civil/electrical/mechanical/I&C/etc.).
• At least 15 years experience with industrial design and AutoCAD. Typical experience ranges from 15-20 years
• Experience and familiarity with PORTS site, drawing archives, and NSE Engineering drafting guidelines desirable.
• Active/ inactive DOE ‘Q’ clearance highly desirable.