| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training and related experience.
• 7+ years of experience in the Engineering or Construction Industry including field/project experience outside the estimating function.
• Must have some expertise in the company sanctioned estimating applications and systems.
• Experience with Oil and Gas projects
• Experience in the Arctic region
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
URS Corporation is seeking an Estimator IV-Staff to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
• Knowledgeable of the Company estimating systems and processes.
• Understands estimating terminology and measures and recognizes estimating processes/project actions that may impact the project.
• Participates with management in development of strategies and plans.
• Participates in analyzing and using estimations to predict key project issues.
• Assists in the evaluation of business opportunities and potential profitability.
• Understands construction means, methods, and sequences-multiple disciplines.
• Supervises junior staff through task development, establishing and maintaining goals and expectations, and documenting performance related issues and achievements.
• Identifies and develops talent.
• Actively participates in all staffing issues affecting their area of responsibility.
• Assists in tracking action items.
• This is a supervisory/technical specialist position responsible for planning, organizing, and supervising the work of subordinates under the direction of a manager or functions as a technical expert.
• Prepares or assist in the preparation of ROIC and IRR forecasts.
• May work directly with contractor to resolve technical matters during negotiation and contract execution.
• Prepares crew build-ups and production rate determinations.
• Determines construction equipment selection.
• Possesses a working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
• Understands company cost structure (overheads, G&A, insurances).
• Develops Work Breakdown Structures.
• Capable of managing the preparation of an estimate.
• Leads Project Team estimate reviews.
• Evaluates suitability of scope and execution plan for basis of estimate.
• Initiates the preparation of an Estimate Plan (approach, techniques, level of effort, cost, schedule), Basis of Estimate and qualifications.
• Prepares bid tabulations responding to the customer/Request for Proposal requirements.
• Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation.
• Develops current project estimate comparisons with previous performance and market benchmark data.
• Helps prepare information for Executive Review Committee presentations.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE