| Job Description: ||
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business/Logistics or related field and at least 10 years of job related experience or equivalent.
Must be familiar with current systems/ methodology. Excellent analytical and communication skills required.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
URS is seeking a Logistics Technician IV to support the day-to-day operations of the Mine Resistant Ambush Protection (MRAP) vehicle program supporting the Joint Logistics Integrator (JLI) support services in Warren, Michigan.
This position is contingent and pending the contract being awarded.
Provide program acquisition and logistics management, planning, coordination, and consulting support for engineering and logistics elements (ILS planning, maintenance planning, supply support, test and support equipment, packaging/handling/ storage/transportation, personnel and training, facilities, data, computer resources design interface) in support of Logistics Managers, Program Managers and customers. Supervise activities in the engineering and logistics areas of industry expertise and support analyses, studies, problem identification and resolution, program planning and policy development and implementation. Monitor progress and customer satisfaction with respect to assigned area schedules and deliverables.
1. Supervise, coach and lead a team in accomplishing tasks for a specific program and area of expertise.
2. Collaborate daily with customer(s) to determine specific needs and requirements and to counsel within the expert area, including overseeing task execution.
3. Develop and/or review program reports, technical papers, drawings, specifications, procedures, etc.; provide comments; organize, consolidate, and adjudicate comments from various organizations, and prepare reports.
4. Perform expert-level review, analysis, and validation of engineering and logistics products; prepare executive-level reports and briefs.
5. Consult as industry expert with the logistics managers, program managers and customers, advising on logistics program policy development, planning and implementation.
6. Interface with various technical and logistics team leaders daily to exchange information and coordinate related task performance.
7. Supervise and train junior-level personnel in the technical aspects of assigned work.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has approximately 56,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).