| Job Description: ||
• Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or the sciences (or equivalent education) from a four -year accredited college or university preferably with an emphasis on Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection Technology
• 10+ years of experience
• Basic familiarity with NFPA, IBC/IFC, and related industry codes and standards
• Basic CAD skills
• Experience with sprinkler hydraulic calculations and alarm system battery sizing and voltage drop calculations
• Professional Engineer License
• Experience in industrial fire protection (e.g. oil & gas)
• North Slope or Arctic Experience
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you're equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It's why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets-oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We're a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Fire and Gas Consulting Engineer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Advanced level of engineering understanding within a specific discipline.
• Familiar with the processes to develop recognition of financial impact of various project actions.
• Intermediate level of understanding of financial terminology and measures.
• Understands discipline tools and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations within a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Collects data on manpower, man-hour and labor cost requirements to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating task and performs material take off's for a specific discipline.
• Advanced knowledge of discipline's material costs, equipment and materials lists.
• Understands cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks.
• Understands the project change order process and identifies potential changes.
• Understands the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within a specific discipline.
• Can assist in the integration of all project functional requirements into a complete project plan.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations within and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.