| Job Description: ||
Masters Degree in Engineering, or related field and 12 ears of job related experience or equivalent. The position also requires ten (10) years of demonstrated management experience or project level management in major systems.
The Program Manager must show completion of a full four year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelors or higher degree in business, management, engineering, or science and 10 years experience in Senior positions in Government Program Offices or other non-government organizations closely related to the Defense Acquisition Process. The Program Manager must be knowledgeable of the program acquisition life cycle process as addressed in the DoDD 5000 series.
This position also requires knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense (DoD) regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, cost and schedule estimating, systems disciplines, engineering specifications and commercial practices relating to weapon systems procurement and production.
The Program Manager shall be knowledgeable of overall organization, direction, and requirements of the contract efforts. Experience in interfacing directly with the government designated representatives and supervising various task order activities is also required.
Position requires the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
Travel will be required.
URS is seeking a Program Manager to support various program level support services in Huntsville, Alabama.
Oversee programs providing multi-disciplinary logistics analysis and support in the design, development, implementation, operation and maintenance of diverse systems. Assist in the planning, control and direction of staff and customs support personnel for one or more contracts. Directly support the maintenance of the current base and develop and implement new business strategies. Lead a team that performs special logistics analyses that embrace the total logistics/maintenance operations of Army managed/supported systems, independent analyses, and formulate and recommend alternative solutions to logistics problems. Leads a team that evaluates, analyzes, critiques, and/or assess the technical aspects and costing efforts of work performed.
1. Provide administrative and technical leadership in the completion of multiple contracts, including responsibility for cost, schedule and overall performance.
2. Plan and procure necessary staffing to achieve work completion milestones and deliverables.
3. Monitor fulfillment of contract requirements to ensure quality and timeliness of services/deliverables to various customers.
4. Supervise, coordinate, provide leadership to and review the work of assigned staff and/or contracts.
5. Interface with customers on a regular basis for support of logistics and program management activities. Monitor customer feedback and advise on a broad range of issues related to products/services being delivered.
6. Participate in business development including identifying new business opportunities, developing and implementing strategies and managing proposal development.
7. Perform multi-disciplinary analysis of system designs to determine compliance with specifications and standards.
8. Direct the investigation and resolution of operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - URS enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the URS Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable URS Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for power, infrastructure, industrial, oil and gas, and federal projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has approximately 57,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries (www.urs.com).